Education: tariff score 180
You will need five GCSE passes at a minimum grade C or above. These should include Maths and English Language.
A minimum of 180 UCAS tariff points, which could be as follows:
- B, C from two A-Levels. All A-Level subjects accepted, excluding General Studies. Points from AS Levels and Key Skills are not counted towards tariff points
- Merit, Merit, Pass profile from BTEC National Diploma (equivalent to 200 tariff points), Merit, Pass, Pass Profile (equivalent to 160 tariff points) may be considered
- All equivalent UK and overseas qualifications are accepted also including Advanced Diplomas, Irish Leaving Certificate, Scottish Highers, Welsh Baccalaureate, European and International Baccalaureate, Abitur, Vitnemål and SAT.
Your passion and commitment to acting would be demonstrated through having already performed in a range and variety of acting roles. These may have been in or outside your school/college environment and/or at professional level. We recognise that not all geographic areas offer such possibilities. In those cases, signs of commitment and enterprise in seeking work and performance experience will also support your application.
We are looking for evidence that you have a trainable ability in a second skill other than acting, particularly in singing and dancing. Other skills are also welcome including writing and directing.
As communications skills are so important in the performing arts industry, the ability to communicate effectively is essential.
We are looking for evidence that you are able to work on your own initiative. Good examples may be projects you have been involved with that are not part of your school qualifications.
Additional information for international students
We recognise a wide variety of qualifications obtained overseas and are able to translate overseas grades and transcripts to UK equivalents. If English is not your first language, you may be asked at the interview or audition stage to provide evidence of your linguistic ability.
The following may be acceptable evidence of your proficiency in English:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service): average score of 6.0 or above, and for each component,5.5 or above
- International GCSE English as a Second Language grade C
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) paper-based test minimum score 560, computer-based test minimum score 220, internet-based test minimum score 83
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic): minimum score 51
If you have another qualification which you think may be equivalent, let us know. As a member of UK NARIC, we can quickly advise you if it is equivalent or not. You may be asked as a condition of your offer to provide evidence that you have already attained one of the above (or equivalent) qualifications or be asked to take the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE Academic examination within a specified time to attain a specified result.
For further details please contact the International Team.