Education: tariff score 240
You will need five GCSE passes at a minimum grade C or above. These should include Maths and English Language.
A minimum of 240 UCAS tariff points, which could be as follows:
- C, C, C from three A-Levelsl. All A-Level subjects accepted, excluding General Studies. Points from AS Levels and Key Skills are not counted towards tariff points
- Merit, Merit, Merit profile from BTEC National Diploma Level
- All equivalent UK and overseas qualifications are accepted also including Advanced Diplomas, Irish Leaving Certificate, Scottish Highers, Welsh Baccalaureate, European and International Baccalaureate, Abitur, Vitnemål and SAT.
We are looking for experience of managing relevant projects. Some examples might be providing front of house or box office support to productions, promoting bands, publicising shows or helping with any aspect of event organisation. These may be in your school/college environment. Work experience in the music, theatre or entertainment industries on a paid or voluntary basis also helps demonstrate your commitment. We recognise that not all geographic areas offer such possibilities, so signs of commitment and enterprise in seeking work and performance experience will also support your application.
Examples of these might be experience in sound, lighting or design or experience as a musician, actor or dancer. Most important is a broad interest in the music, theatre and entertainment industry and a desire to work collaboratively.
As communications skills are so important in the performing arts, the ability to communicate effectively is essential.
We are looking for evidence that you are able to work on your own initiative. Good examples may be projects you have been involved with that are not part of your school qualifications.
Additional information for international students
We recognise a wide variety of qualifications obtained overseas and are able to translate overseas grades and transcripts to UK equivalents. If English is not your first language, you may be asked at the interview or audition stage to provide evidence of your linguistic ability.
The following may be acceptable evidence of your proficiency in English:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service): average score of 6.0 or above, and for each component,5.5 or above
- International GCSE English as a Second Language grade C
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) paper-based test minimum score 560, computer-based test minimum score 220, internet-based test minimum score 83
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic): minimum score 51
If you have another qualification which you think may be equivalent, let us know. As a member of UK NARIC, we can quickly advise you if it is equivalent or not. You may be asked as a condition of your offer to provide evidence that you have already attained one of the above (or equivalent) qualifications or be asked to take the IELTS/TOEFL/PTE Academic examination within a specified time to attain a specified result.
For further details please contact the International Team.