Equipment & Resources
- Lighting Desks: Wholehog III, Avolites Pearl 2004 , Hog PC (Inc Programmer & Playback Wings), Strand 520, ETC Express 250, Strand 100 & LX desks.
- Intelligent Lighting Equipment: 6 Martin Mac 700 Washes, 10 Robe Robin 300E Spots, 6 Martin Mac TW1’s, 6 High End Systems’ Trackspots, 12 8” Rainbow colour scrollers & PSUs, 6 HE Dataflash AF1000, Martin Atomic 3000 strobe, Look Solutions Unique 2.1 Hazer, Martin ZR33 Foggers, 2 Strand Solo Followspots.
- Generic lighting stock: three full theatrical rigs plus additional floating lantern stock comprising of over 350 lanterns, Mains Distribution and dimmers for gigs and events, along with flood battens, birdies, and special FX such as UV fittings, Mirrorballs etc.
Sound (Paul McCartney Auditorium)
- A comprehensive and versatile system, incorporating Meyer Theatre Series amplification and speakers, controlled through a Peavey Nion Media Matrix system and a range of professional standard consoles with up to 50 channels. The control position is linked to stage via 60 audio tie lines, and there are further tie lines dispersed around the stage and building as a whole. Further speakers, amplifiers and control equipment is available, including D&B C, E and T Series speakers and amplifiers, a wide variety of outboard control and processing equipment, and a number of additional control desks, for Front of House and monitor use.
- In addition, LIPA maintains a wide stock of microphones, including a number of radio systems, and in ear monitoring systems.
- Video and data tie lines are distributed around the stage area, and connectable to the building system. Colour and black & white (low-light) CCTV cameras for show-relay, linked to monitors at stage management, fly-floor and in each wing. Flown projection screen.
- In addition LIPA has a number of relay monitors and further CCTV cameras available for use, and can provide suitable projectors and video playback facilities.
- Full Cue light System with various remote positions and 12 portable cue lights. Backstage relay to dressing rooms, showers, green room, WC’s, kitchenette, zone selectable paging system to FOH, backstage and Bar/Bistro.
- Full ring intercom system with distributed points around stage and at control positions, with radio interface. Beltpacks and headsets, single channel radios, and multi channel Radios (Linked to building wide radio system)
- 2-Way Le Maitre Pyroflash Controller.
- 6-Way Le Maitre Pro-Stage Controller.
- Le Maitre firing pods.
In addition to 13 amp sockets distributed around the perimeter of the stage area, there are 2 16amp sockets connected to the sound power supply located USL, and 2 125 Amp 3 Phase supplies (1 Cee Form and one Terminated for “Tailing” in) adjacent to the stage management position DSR.
A large stock of SteelDeck and “Ally deck” for flexible staging layouts, band risers and audience configuration as necessary.
Full data network and numerous student PCs, plus Wifi and installed software such as AutoCAD 2006, WYSIWIG, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Logic, Cubase VST, Soundforge and much more. An AO plotter for CAD plans, plus in-house colour printing, CD & DVD creation and a purpose built computer video edit suite with Final Cut Pro and five hard-disk edit stations.
Want to see LIPA's equipment in action?
Below you can find a slideshow of Theatre & Performance Technology students utilising their talents (and our technology) working backstage during our recent production of Sweeney Todd