​Student Support Team

We have a dedicated Student Support Team who can offer advice and information on a wide range of issues related to your support needs. Whether you're going through personal, learning, health or welfare-related difficulties, they are available to give you the support you need.

Your first point of contact is our Student Support Manager. You can contact the Student Support Manager before you begin your studies or at any point during your time with us. 

If you are a disabled or deaf student, have mental health difficulties, long-term health conditions or specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, there is support available for you which will help you adjust to your life as a student. 

We can also help you access Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)

The Student Support Manager can also offer specialist guidance if you are a mature student or care leaver.

Our students also have access to support services provided by Liverpool John Moores University, including Support for students experiencing financial difficulties  and counselling.

For an overview of the services available please visit: Student Support services.

Any contact with the Student Support Manager is confidential and your tutors will only be contacted with your permission. When required, and with your agreement, the team can work with you to propose reasonable adjustments to how you are taught, how you learn and how you are assessed, to ensure you're able to achieve well and make the most of your time with us.

​Learning Guidance Tutors

You will be allocated a Learning Guidance Tutor when you start your course. They will support your progress through your learning and be your first point of contact for any advice.

​Contact our Student Support Manager


0151 330 3013

The Student Support Manager is based in The Art School, Room 4.11b


Here you can view our Student Charter and Policy, Procedures & Quality Statements for Supporting Deaf & Disabled Students. We’ve also included three leaflets to give support and advice to people experiencing mental health difficulties who are in learning or thinking of taking up learning which have been produced by NIACE (National Institute of Adult Continuing Education)

NIACE: Should I Say Summary
NIACE: Should I Say
NIACE: You Can Do It
Policy Procedure and Quality Statements for supporting deaf and disabled students